Friday, July 30, 2010

Billboard v. BP (oil)


Like hundreds of other readers who saw this incredible picture from the Sartorialist I was immediately charmed. Her legs (strong, sexy), confidence (ditto), style (ditto again) are fabulous. What better model/spokesperson for going green? Seriously. I began riding my bike to work once a week after I saw the devastating photos of the BP oil spill this summer and the comments I got ("You're kidding!" "Won't you get hurt in traffic?") astounded me. I mean, what's the big deal. Apparently, riding a bike (NYC, Paris, Amerstdam not included) is still so strange to Americans. So...Scott, let's get your amazing photo up on billboards, film screens, in magazines, etc. etc. urging everyone to bike like this young lady!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - it's a fabulous photo & endorsement for going green! But the flip side is a lot of people live miles & miles from work and they have to arrive fresh, clean and impeccably dressed for work. It's a wonderful idea that can work for just a few. Isn't everyone else hot and sweaty after a bike ride, or is it just me?!

    ReplyDelete